It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Goodbye 
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Thanks for the server Jay. I will use it but also discord. I like the text side of discord. Chatting when I am not playing can be fun.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:02 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Joggaman wrote:
Jay bought himself (us) a TS server!!!

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Fenrisian wrote:
Thanks for the server Jay. I will use it but also discord. I like the text side of discord. Chatting when I am not playing can be fun.

It would be nice if we could just switch from the stupid WG chat system to Discord but I guess everybody has the WG system. Well, everybody who isn't chat banned. And when it's working. :lol1

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:19 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Congratulations! You have joined the clan.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

in out in out shake it all about

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:13 am
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Fenrisian wrote:
OMFG just Uninstalled TS. Going to end up with half the team on TS and half on discord

I think most of us are going to stay on Discord. The Teamspeak server will be something a handful of the old geezers use out of nostalgia from time to time.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I'm happy to use both. I see the DiDos have also set up a new TS server too.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I did try Discord once, to send a replay to a youtuber, (Lord Chipmunk as it happens) last year sometime, installed it, and it looked too complicated and couldn't quite figure out how it worked...the screen is too cluttered for me.

I like TS, as it is clean, easy to log on, and jump into a 'room' so I could chat on TB or toons, or just eaves drop in other 'rooms'...... :)
But Jay has announced another TS server, so that could be good, which I have noted down.

What happens if in a toon, and your two tooners only have discord, and I am stuffed because I would only have TS installed?
I am a bit ancient, and these days only like easy to use stuff................ :trl

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

I too am ancient Trill but I have found Discord simple to use. Took a couple of days to get used to it.

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 pm
Clan Soldier
Clan Soldier

Thanks Fenrisian, but I have tried discord, and too complicated to me, and would take days for me to figure out.... :oops:
Like I said, I tried it once after installing it to send a replay, but either it wasn't of interest, or it didn't work, I don't know..

TS for me was simple and worked out how to use it once installed..... :)

Anyway, I have totally lost interest in the game now, and the grind to move along a coupe of tank lines.
It was fun in 2014 when I first started, and got an invite to join WJDE, and really enjoyed it, plus the camaraderie in the clan helped.
But now 5 years on, I think I have out stayed my welcome, and don't really take part any more, but just keep my chair warm in the dusty cafe', where rusty keeps his skeletons. :o
I like to pop into the forum every day a few times to see what is happening, and sometimes impart my wisdom and advice in some threads... :)

The only other clan I have been in, was back in the early 2,000's when playing Unreal Tournament 99 for a year or so, when it disbanded, due to life of other members.
They also had a special LAN set up too, which was much better than playing at home online using dial up.. :D

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next